- 1 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:00:32.67
お題）What's "sushi"? → Sushi is a Japanese dish of rice with sweet vinegar, often served with raw fish.
- 2 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:05:19.25
- お題）What's "seat belt"?
- 3 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:06:15.66
- what's Hikikomori? → Men that won't work or study whose age are less then 35 years old.
- 4 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:11:49.77
- What's "Ochinchin"?
- 5 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:23:18.08
The belt you should fasten when you get into cars. It will reduce the risk of death or injury when the car crashes.
- 6 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:26:40.37
- I think there's nobody who doesn't know "seat belt" in the world.
- 7 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:33:48.33
- お題）What's "タモリ"?
- 8 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:41:41.84
A famous comedian in Japan well known for moderating the midday talk show "Waratte iitomo."
The rumor of his retiring is always going around tho.
- 9 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 12:53:48.93
- Comedian? I agree with you to some extent because he used to be so but these days, he is more like
a TV personality.
- 10 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:27:40.46
- Ochinchin is a Japanese word for penis.
In Japanese language, there are several words related to the English and Ochinchin is
a nursery word.
So it sounds a bit humorous to the ears of us,Japanese.
- 11 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:38:04.03
- My penis is covered with skin and the hairs around my penis are rolled inside but I am ok, thanks.
- 12 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:41:58.23
- What's "Yukimi Daifuku"?
- 13 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:43:29.82
- My nipples are as big as yukimi daifuku, thank you.
- 14 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:44:48.66
- Ochinchin お珍珍 means something very rare.
basically, "珍" means rare, so "珍珍" means very rare.
"お珍珍" is something very rare in a polite way.
- 15 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:47:15.20
- what's "sukeban deka"?
- 16 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:48:07.53
- My very rare is 4 cm normally, but when he gets angry, he grows up to 7 cm
- 17 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 13:50:22.54
sorry to hear that
- 18 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 14:19:59.43
- The word " Yukimi Daifuku" consists of two words.
The former "Yukimi" literally means snow viewing and the latter " Daifuku" is the
abbreviation of "Daifukumochi.", which is a kind of rice cake.
We've had a long tradition of enjoying a snow scene since time immemorial.
We usually eat or drink something while enjoying a beautiful natural landscape.
- 19 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 14:53:12.54
One of old dramas ran on TV.
The protoganists were girl students and they were detectives as well, for some reason.
"protoganist" means hero, I believe.
Anyway, each of them have unique weapons of their own, like a Yo-Yo or something like that.
and kill the enemies by them.
That was a really really rediculous drama.
- 20 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 15:04:00.44
- From the standpoint of meaning, you can divide the word " sukeban deka" into three parts.
First of all, "suke" of " sukeban" means female.
It is not, however, a decent word, so if you are a learner of Japanese, be careful not to use it without thinking of the
situation or context.
Secondly, "ban" is the abbreviation of "bancyo", which is a leader or boss of a group, especially whose members are teengers.
And lastly, "deka" means detective.
I'd like you to get all of them together and guess what it is like.
- 21 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 17:48:34.94
- お題 What's "カラムーチョ/kara mucho"?
- 22 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 18:15:06.55
- It is the name of a snack food, potato and chips, produced by Koikeya, which is well-known to most Japanese because of its TV commercials
The word " kara mucho" consists of two words, "kara" and " mucho".
The former is derived from a Japanese adjective, "karai", which means spicy or hot and the latter is a Spanish adverb,"mucho.", which means very
So if the name is traslated into English, it will be "very hot"
- 23 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/26(火) 23:15:19.30
- 24 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/27(水) 14:23:19.88
- It's a kind of Japanese creature. An unreal inhabitant.
You know, you have some kind of monsters like a Dracula,
a fairy, a hobbit in westerner's myth.
A kappa is one of such things in Japan.
Their height is just the same as human. They live in rivers.
They have a dish on thier heads.
They say, if his dish goes dry, he will die.
They say, when he finds a boy swimming in the river,
he gets his hand into the boy's ass, grabs his testicles or something,
deprives him of such things.
It's a myth.
- 25 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/27(水) 15:14:01.63
- Well,it is a little bit difficult for me to explain to you what ”河童 kappa" is like because I don't know
much about it.
In Japanese folklore ,there are a varity of ghosts or spirits peculiar to this country, such as
Snow Woman and Tengu.
As you've already guessed,"河童 Kappa" is one of them and if you have knowledge of the basic Chinese characters,
you can imagine what it is like.
The former 河means river and the latter 童 means child.
So You could see him if you go fishing or swimming in any rivers throughout Japan.
Roughly speaking, he has a shell on his back and a dish with water on top of his head.
If the water dried out, he would die.
Oopse, I forgot to tell you a lot more about him but I've had enough of it.
So if You've got interested in him, I'd like you to do a search on your own.
- 26 ：25：2013/03/27(水) 15:27:15.30
- 27 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/27(水) 17:04:27.99
What's "宝塚歌劇団(Takarazuka Revue)"?
- 28 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/27(水) 18:34:52.53
- Frankly speaking, I'm very ashamed of my lack of knowledge about things Japanese.
I can tell you only a few things about the subject.
Takarazuka Revue is an opera company whose members are composed of only women.
It originated in the city of Takarazuka, Hyogo Prefecture. That is why it was called so.
It has become so popular recently that it has a branch theatre in Tokyo.
The entrance exam is so difficult as to make the news on TV every year.
I know you are not satisfied with my explanation at all!!
- 29 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/28(木) 13:51:12.22
- お題 What's "嗚呼（aah!)"?
Aah! is an exclamation released from his/her mouth when someone is moved or touched by something.
The most famous Aah! in Japan is the one which was shouted by Matsuo Basho, who was a master Haiku poet in the Edo period.
One of his works goes as follow;
嗚呼（ああ） 松島や 松島や
- 30 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/28(木) 17:34:55.45
お題 What's "パンチパーマ（punch perm)"?
- 31 ：29：2013/03/28(木) 21:22:37.78
You must be 777. I used to be a member of lang 8.
From my experience,it is not so easy to have your written works corrected by native speakers.
Because In that site, for English natives, there are enormous numbers of Japanese learners who want to have their Englsih corrected for free.
In short, that place is in a state of getting an imbalance of demand versus supply
- 32 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/29(金) 18:34:55.29
It is a sort of hair styles.
After getting haircut short, your hair will be curled with hair iron.
If you visit the todaiji temple in Nara prefecture , you'll see what it is like.
Because there lives a typical example of that hair style there.
Yep! I'm referring to the great statue of Buddha!
If you are such a busy person as has no time to visit there, I can show you another typical example
in the entertainment world.
Do you know Kitajima Saburo? He has that hair style.
For your referece; He is an enka singer and famous for his nostrils being wide open.
- 33 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/03/30(土) 15:33:20.99
In additiong to that, it's particularlly be preferred by Japanese mafia or something like that.
I mean a kind of delinquent people. And I should say it's an obsolete hairstyle as well.
- 34 ：oshiri：2013/03/31(日) 10:36:08.51
very unusual and curly permanent hair style ,which is very common in yakuza .
- 35 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/05/15(水) 18:12:04.21
- 36 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/06/09(日) 21:42:07.68
”良スレ” is a good ”thread” in any BBS, where ”thread” is like a gathering spot through online.
Now, how can we identify what thread is a ”good” thread?
I think no one aren't able to have a unified benchmark to discriminate the thread is good or bad.
it depends on each human’s feeling.
- 37 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2013/06/21(金) 22:24:23.76
that is a thread posted so many JK's namaashi jpg photos that make you guys erect (bokki) enough as hard as rock.
read.cgi ver 05.02.02 2014/06/23 Mango Mangüé ★
FOX ★ DSO(Dynamic Shared Object)